The Idol “Top 6” Elimination Results left us with five! After some pretty good “Queen Week” performances, this week’s “Bottom 3” were Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanagh and Elise Testone. After being in the “Bottom 3”, for the 5th time Elise Testone was finally eliminated from the show. I thought America got it right. All three girls had been in the “Bottom 3” previously and based on her performances Elise deserved to go home.
After being eliminated, Elise said that she wasn’t surprised by her elimination but was disappointed. She loved her experiences on American Idol and was looking forward to what’s next for her. With only four American Idol performance shows left this season, Jessica Sanchez still holds the top spot in my American Idol rankings, but her lead continues to shrink. Based on two strong performances in a row, Joshua Ledet has passed Phil Phillips and is now in the second spot. Another strong week by Joshua could move him up to the top spot. Phil Phillips is in third followed by Skylar Laine and Hollie Cavanagh. The theme for this week’s show will be British music. Perhaps an advantage for Hollie who hails from the UK.
American Idol Odds and Ends
• While I have been predicting that one of the girls would win this year’s American Idol since the beginning of the show, if Joshua Ledet continues to perform the way he has the last two weeks he could spoil that prediction.
• This week American Idol fans cast more than 58 million votes, which were 10 million more votes than last year at the same point of the contest.
• Ryan Seacrest announced that this year’s American Idol Summer Tour will kick off in Detroit, Michigan on July 6th.
• Colton Dixon and Elise Testone appeared on the The Tonight Show Friday evening. The former Idol contestants did a quick interview and then spent the evening performing alongside the band.
• Looking dapper in his red shoes, American Idol Season 10 contestant Stefano Lagone performed his new single, “I’m On a Roll.” He looked relaxed and did a great job with the song.
• Katy Perry dressed in camouflage shorts and a military style tank top performed “Part of Me”, from her album, “Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection.”
• Jimmy Iovine has been doing a great job reviewing the performances of the contestants. His assessments have been right on target. He has become a big part of this year’s show. In previous years, I always paid attention to Simon Cowell’s reviews now Jimmy Iovine has earned that spot. He would make a great American Idol judge.
• My predictions for next weeks’, “Bottom 3,” are Skylar Laine, Jessica Sanchez and Hollie Cavanagh.