Press Pass LA was at the start & finish line as over 12,000 runners rocked the streets of downtown Los Angeles in costume including celebrities Will Ferrell, Olympian and DWTS’ Shawn Johnson, ESPN’s Neil Everett and Full House’s Andrea Barber. The event included a huge ASPCA dog costume contest to raise awareness for pet adoption at LA Live.
Hawthorne, California’s Mary Akor took home first in the women’s division finishing the 13.1 mile course in 1:14:19. Fernando Cabada from Boulder, CA took home the overall first place position finishing at 1:04:56!
Some great moments of the day included:
· Most popular costumes: Super heroes (think The Avengers), brides, bananas, and cops
· Will Ferrell- as Ron Burgundy- finished the half marathon in 2:03:49
· Olympian and DWTS Shawn Johnson took a break from dancing to run the mini- marathon before checking out the adoptable dogs
· American Idol’s Skylar Laine pumped up the crowd with the National Anthem after meeting her “idol” Shawn Johnson
· Andrea Barber- everyone’s favorite- Kimmy Gibbler- joined two girlfriends and dressed as “run-away” brides! Finished top 10 in the costume contest
· Finish Line concert by The Dirty Heads with opening act Camryn
Check out our full photo gallery and remember to ‘Like’ us on Facebook!