Photo Credit, FOX
Is tonight going to be the end for Lazaro Arbos or is one of the girls finally going to be eliminated tonight? Based on his performances last night it should be Lazaro, but this is American Idol and you can never be sure what the voters are thinking. Let’s get right to the results!!!
Ryan Seacrest splits the six remaining contestant’s into 3 pairs. The pair on the left includes Angie Miller and Janelle Arthur. The pair in the middle includes Lazaro Arbos and Amber Holcomb and the last pair is Kree Harrsion and Candace Glover. It’s obvious that Candace and Kree are in the “Top 2”, Angie and Jannelle are the “Middle two”, and Amber and Lazaro are the “Bottom 2”. Somebody had to be in the “Bottom 2”, with Lazaro, but it is obvious that that the judges aren’t happy that it was Amber. While Amber might be equal to or better than some of the other girls in the contest, it is also painfully obvious she doesn’t have the fan base that some of the other girls have.
Quickly ending the suspense for Amber, Ryan Seacrest announces that Lazaro received the fewest votes and has to sing for his life. Looking relieved that it is about to be over, Lazaro sings a decent version of “Feeling Good”, but despite his popularity nothing is going to save him tonight. When Ryan asks the judges if they are going to use their save? Randy quickly responds, “We love you. You have been a treasure to the show but we aren’t going to use the save tonight.” With that announcement, Lazaro’s American Idol journey comes to an end.
The American Idol fan voters and the judges finally got it right. While Lazaro deserved to be eliminated he has a lot to be proud of. He overcome a huge stuttering problem and went a long way in the contest. He has talent and is a good singer. Unfortunately, for him this year’s competition is really strong and his lack of experience really hurt him. This has been a great learning experience for him and it will continue with the American Idol Summer Tour. I wish him luck.
Listed below is my ranking for the five remaining contestants:
My “Top 3”, of Candace Glover, Kree Harrison and Angie Miller hasn’t changed in weeks. However, the order of the “Top 3” has changed from week to week. With two strong performances this week Candace solidified her hold on the top spot. She is going to be very tough to beat. Amber Holcomb and Janelle Arthur are in the next group of singers and I expect one of those two will go home next week. Based on previous voting results it appears that Janelle has a stronger fan base so I am picking Amber as the next contestant to be eliminated.
American Idol Odds and Ends
• Over 34 million votes were cast this week.
• While both the judges and Jimmy Iovine loved this week’s performances by Amber Holcomb, the American Idol voters and I had her in the “Bottom 2.”
• I am looking for Amber Holcomb and Janelle Arthur to be in next week’s “Bottom 2.”
• With the elimination of Lazaro Arbos, we will have the first female American Idol champion since Season 6 (Jordin Sparks).
• Season 1 American Idol champion Kelly Clarkson performed her new single “People Like Us.”
• Kelly Clarkson has sold over 20 million albums since be named the first American Idol.
• Season 10, American Idol Champion Scotty McCreery sang his new single “See You Tonight.” He is a freshman at N.C. State University during the week and performs on the weekends with his “The Weekend Road Trip Tour 2013.”
• American Idol champions Clay Aiken and Fantasia are scheduled to perform next week.