Next month Dancing with the Stars is back and will face-off with fellow reality ratings star The Voice on Monday nights! The new cast was announced and it’s a lot friendlier than its predecessors: controversy-laden reality star (Kate Gosselin), political figure (Bristol Palin), the ‘unknown Kardashian’ (Rob), and America’s weight loss sweetheart (Kristie Alley). Check out who will be shaking their booties this season for the Mirror Ball Trophy!
The new cast includes:
1) Gavin DeGraw– Singer/Songwriter…best known for the One Tree Hill theme song singer. Partnered with Karina Smirnoff
2) Donald Driver– Super Bowl champ, Green Bay Packers receiver and children’s book author. Partnered with Peta Murgatroyd.
3) Roshon Fegan– Disney Channel’s Shake It Up! star. Partnered with Chelsie Hightower.
4) Melissa Gilbert– Little House on the Prairie child star. Partnered with the always controversial pro-dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
5) Katherine Jenkins– Opera star (Mezzo soprano). She has performed with Placido Domingo & Andrea Bocelli. Partnered with Mark Ballas.
6) Gladys Knight– Singer, former lead singer of the iconic Motown group Gladys Knight & the Pips. Partnered with Tristan MacManus.
7) William Levy– Soap star of Univision’s No. 1-rated telenovela, Triunfo del Amor. Also played Jennifer Lopez’s love interest in her new “Into You” video. Partnered with Cheryl Burke.
8) Maria Menounos– Celebrity Host of Extra. Partnered with Derek Hough. That’s one hot duo!
9) Martina Navratilova– Professional tennis champion. Partnered with Tony Dovolani.
10) Sherri Shepherd– Actress and co-host of daytime talk show The View. Partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy.
11) Jack Wagner– Actor, best known for General Hospital and Melrose Place. Partnered with Anna Trebunskaya.
12) Jaleel White (a.k.a Steve Urkel) from the 90’s sitcom Family Matters. Partnered with Kim Johnson.
Let’s see if this tamer cast will bring in the ratings this season. Our very own PPLA reporter Demetria Johnson will be bringing you the good, the bad, and the down-right ugly in her weekly updates of this season’s show, so check back soon for a good laugh!