Photo Credit, FOX
While tonight’s performances, including Keith Urban, Colton Dixon, Katharine McPhee and One Republic have all been good, 45 minutes into tonight’s show and we still have no results. Since the girls dominated the night, this should be a no brainer. The only question that remains is which one of the three guys that is left is going home? Let’s get to the results.
Ryan Seacrest announces that the 5 girls Kree Harrison, Candace Glover, Janelle Arthur, Angie Miller and Amber Holcomb are all safe. To nobody’s surprise the “Bottom 3”, singers (all guys) are Burnell Taylor, Devin Velez and Lazaro Arbos. While I am hoping for Lazaro I have a sinking feeling that Devin is going home tonight. Unfortunately, I am right and Devin now has to sing for his American Idol life. While I would have sent Lazaro home I can argue with this choice.
Putting his best foot forward, Devin sings a surprisingly good American and Spanish version of “It’s Impossible.” While it is one of his better performances of the contest, the judges decide not to use the save and I agree. Overall Devin did a good job in the competition and has to be proud of where he finished. At the end of the day the girls are just too strong and Devin went as far as he could.
Here is my ranking from best to worst for the seven remaining contestants: Candace Glover, Kree Harriso,n Angie Miller, Janelle Arthur, Amber Holcomb, Burnell Taylor, and Lazaro Arbos.
Last week I felt that Kree Harrison, Angie Miller and Candace Glover had to be considered the “Top 3”, contestants and the favorites for the American Idol crown. Both Candace and Kree with good performances this week did nothing to change my mind about them. However, Angie stumbled this past week and will have to come back strong next week if she wants to be considered a contender for the crown. Both Janelle and Amber really stepped it up this week with great performances and have closed the gap on the “Top 3.” At the end of the day, it is going to be a five woman dog fight to the finale. For the guys there is not much to say, it will be a major surprise if anyone of the two remaining guys make it into the “Top 5.”
American Idol Odds and Ends
• Looking great, Katharine Mc Phee and One Republic performed their new song “I Lose Myself.” I definitely liked it and so did the audience. Katharine has found success after American Idol and currently plays the lead role in the television series “Smash.”
• Locking like a rock star, Season 11’s Colton Dixon returned to the American Idol stage and sang his new single “Love Has Come For Me.”
• Both Jimmy Iovine and I correctly predicted that this week’s “Bottom 3”, would be Burnell, Lazaro and Devin.
• In an easy choice, I am looking for both Burnell and Lazaro in the bottom of fan voting next week.
• Season 4, American Idol champion, Carrie Underwood, will perform her brand new single “See You Again”, on next week’s American Idol results show.
• Next week’s performance show theme is rumored to be “Classic Rock, No Ballads.”