After easily the best night of season it will be interesting to see who is in the “Bottom3”, and who is eventually eliminated. With so many good performances will the judges be forced to use the one and only “Wild Card” save or will the American Idol voters get it right. Let’s get to the results.
Ryan Seacrest calls up Elise, Hollie and Phillip to the center of the stage. Oh no, since Phillip and Elise gave terrific performances last night it looks like Hollie could be in trouble. While I liked Hollie’s performance of “Jesus Takes the Wheel”, she got mixed reviews from the judges. Ryan Seacrest confirms the bad news and Hollie is headed to the “Bottom 3.” I am not surprised she is in the “Bottom 3”, but I will be surprised if she is sent home.
Both Elise and Phillip are moving on. Next up is Colton, Joshua and Heejun. There is no way that Colton is going home. I don’t care what Jimmy Iovine said about his performance. Both Joshua and Heejun could be in trouble. Ryan sends Heejun to the “Bottom 3” benches and Joshua is safe.
Last up is Skylar, Deandre and Jessica. This is a no brainer, Deandre will be joining Heejun and Hollie in the “Bottom 3.” Wait you got to be kidding me, did Ryan just say that Deandre was safe and for the first time Skylar is in the “Bottom 3.” I can’t [email protected]#%@ believe it, America definitely got it wrong!!! Deandre’s performance was clearly the worst of the evening and there was no way Skylar should have been in the “Bottom 3.” The “Bottom 3”, is Heejun, Hollie and Skylar. I didn’t see this coming. Once again, the girls are getting no love from the American Idol voters. My “Bottom 3”, would have been Deandre, Heejun and Joshua.
Ryan announces that Skylar and Hollie are safe, thank God!!! Isn’t it ironic, Heejun gave his best performance in weeks and now has to sing for his life and hope the judges will save him. Heejun does a repeat performance of Donnie Hathaway’s “A Song For You”, but it isn’t enough. Representing the judges, Steven announces, “Heejun, let the record show that you knew this was coming, you saw it come last week. Unfortunately, after talking, we’re going to have to let you go.”
Despite some tears from Jennifer Lopez, Heejun’s is sent home.
American Idol Odds and Ends
• Steven Tyler announced a new Aerosmith world tour. The Global Warming tour will kickoff June 16th at the Target Center in Minneapolis.
• I was glad to see that Hollie Cavanagh’s 2nd average performance in a row didn’t result in her elimination. She has definitely lost her groove and if she doesn’t have a “Wow”, performance next week she could be in trouble. I am rooting for a rebound.
• With another outstanding performance, Phil Phillips is a serious contender for the finals.
• In a nice moment, Jimmy Iovine presented Scotty McCreey with a Platinum record for selling 1 million copies of his first solo album “Clear as Day.” When handing out the plague, Iovine, who serves as the American Idol mentor, praised the 18-year-old singer, “For a debut act to get a platinum record today is really Herculean. We’re really proud of you. Let’s do this again next year.”
• Dressed for the beach with a bikini top, that left nothing to the imagination, Nicky Minaj performed “Starships”, from her new album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.”
• Really enjoyed Stevie Nicks job as Celebrity mentor. She really seemed to connect with the contestants.
• The eight remaining contestants looked devastated by the news of Heejun’s elimination. Multiple contestants including Jessica and Phillip were seen crying.
• My predictions for next weeks “Bottom 3,” are Deandre Brackensick, Joshua Ledet and Skylar Laine.